Has the time come when you are beginning to wonder if you need a new roof? Perhaps you have noticed discoloration on the ceiling of your attic from water seeping through the roofing material. Or maybe you see areas of broken, split or bent asphalt shingles. It is wise to consider replacing a roof before the damage becomes too much and it is a rush job.
The average cost of a new asphalt shingle roof in Huntsville is between $3,000 and $12,000. The cost is $300 to $400 per square. This cost depends on a variety of factors including the size of your home, the roofing materials used, and the installation costs of the roofing contractor.
Roofs are measured in “squares”. A 100-square-foot area is considered 1 square in roofing terms. To simplify, the amount of material needed to cover 100 square feet of roof area is equal to 1 square of roofing material. So, as an example, if a roof surface area is 2000 square feet, the contractor would figure 20 squares. You can approximate how many squares your home is by dividing the square feet of your roof area by 100. Here is a rough estimate of the breakdown:
- 10 square roof: $3,000 to $4,000
- 15 square roof: $4,500 to $6,000
- 20 square roof: $6,000 to $8,000
- 25 square roof: $7,500 to $10,000
- 30 square roof: $9,000 to $12,000
It is wise to contact Force Roofing Systems in Huntsville for an accurate estimate on your particular home.
How do you know if it is time for a roof replacement? What are some considerations?
Do you have:
- Missing, broken, or torn shingles
- Curled shingles on the edges
- Heavy growth of mold and mildew on the shingle surface
- Shingles that have lost granules
- Evidence of water damage in your home from a leaking roof
- Spongy areas in the shingles
Asphalt shingle is the most common type of roofing material in the Huntsville area, and for good reason! They are
- Available in a variety of colors and styles
- Easy installation
- Minimal upkeep
- Easy to replace damaged shingles
- No worry of rust or corrosion
As you discuss roof replacement with us, be sure to inquire about these two items as well.
This is a thin layer of material between the shingles and the roof deck. It is usually OSB or plywood. This layer provides secondary protection from the elements including snow, rain, and wind.
Here is a list of eight benefits of properly laid underlayment:
- Curb Appeal – Underlayment can offer an even surface for the roofing materials to be installed on
- Fire Safety – Some underlayments protect against fire. Speak with us about the options available
- Weather Protection – If shingles begin to deteriorate, or have broken off, underlayment can protect your home against mold and water damage
- Moisture Barrier – Most underlayments are extremely water-resistant
- Energy Efficient – Can offer another layer of insulation and can help your HVAC systems
- Protect Against Ice and Water Damage
- Protects the Roof Deck from weather elements, mold, and mildew
- Increases Peace of Mind – When installed properly, these protections can offer additional peace of mind knowing your roof and home are safe
We typically don’t think about gutters, until they don’t work properly. When you have your roof replaced, consider discussing the gutter system you currently have. After you got some good gutter, you might want to have your siding replace.
- Does it need to be replaced as well?
- Are the fasteners rusted or broken?
- Are the sections of gutters beginning to separate?
Place your trust in a company of integrity, expertise, and respect. Force Roofing Systems have been serving the local area for over a decade, with a top-notch crew of roofing professionals. Whether the job is big or small, it is important to us and you can count on us to get it done right. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction! Call us today for a free estimate, and let’s help you protect against storms and roof damage!