Your home’s exterior plays a crucial role in its overall appearance and protection against the elements. As time passes, siding can deteriorate, leaving your property vulnerable to weather damage and reducing its curb appeal. If you’re considering a siding replacement in Chattanooga, Force Roofing Systems has got you covered with high-quality vinyl and fiber cement siding options. Let’s explore the pros and cons of each material, and we’ll also discuss four telltale signs that it’s time for new siding.
Cost of New Siding
The cost of new siding in Chattanooga will be determined based on the type of siding chosen, the size of the home, and any additional installation needs. Siding is approximately $3.50 per square foot, however, for an accurate cost breakdown for your home and specific needs, reach out to Force Roofing Systems.
Pros and Cons of Vinyl Siding
Vinyl siding has become a popular choice among homeowners due to its affordability, low maintenance, and versatility. Here are some of its key advantages:
- Cost-effective: Vinyl siding is one of the most budget-friendly options available, making it an excellent choice for those on a tight budget.
- Low maintenance: Unlike wood or fiber cement, vinyl siding requires minimal maintenance. It doesn’t rot, fade, or need painting, which saves you time and money on upkeep.
- Durability: Vinyl siding is designed to withstand harsh weather conditions, such as high winds and heavy rainfall. It is also resistant to pests and won’t rust like metal siding.
- Wide variety of styles and colors: Vinyl siding offers an extensive range of styles and colors, allowing you to achieve the desired look for your home.
However, vinyl siding also has some drawbacks to consider:
- Prone to cracking and fading: While modern vinyl siding is more durable, it can still be prone to cracking in cold temperatures and fading over time due to sun exposure.
- Limited customization: Although there are many options available, vinyl siding may not offer the same level of customization as fiber cement.
Pros and Cons of Fiber Cement Siding
Fiber cement siding is a durable exterior cladding made from a mix of cement, sand, and cellulose fibers. It mimics the appearance of wood or other materials. Here are its advantages:
- Exceptional durability: Fiber cement is resistant to fire, rot, termites, and other pests, making it a long-lasting option for your home.
- Realistic wood-like appearance: Fiber cement siding can mimic the appearance of wood siding without the associated maintenance issues.
- Low maintenance: While not as low maintenance as vinyl, fiber cement requires less upkeep compared to wood siding.
- Environmentally friendly: Made from sustainable materials like wood pulp and cement, fiber cement siding is an eco-friendly choice for environmentally conscious homeowners.
However, fiber cement siding also has some downsides:
- Higher initial cost: Compared to vinyl siding, fiber cement siding can be more expensive to install initially.
- Heavier weight: The added weight of fiber cement siding may require additional structural support for your home.
Signs It’s Time for New Siding
Now that we’ve explored the pros and cons of vinyl and fiber cement siding, let’s identify four signs that indicate it’s time for a siding replacement:
- Visible damage: Cracks, warping, or holes in your existing siding are clear signs of wear and tear that warrant replacement.
- High energy bills: If you notice a sudden increase in your energy bills, it could be due to the compromised insulation of your current siding, leading to energy leaks.
- Mold or mildew growth: Mold or mildew growth on your siding can indicate water infiltration, which can damage your home’s structure over time.
- Fading color or peeling paint: Fading or peeling paint on your siding indicates that it has reached the end of its lifespan and needs to be replaced.
Investing in new siding for your Chattanooga home can enhance its beauty, protect it from the elements, and potentially increase its value. Force Roofing Systems, a trusted roofing company in Chattanooga offers vinyl and fiber cement siding options to suit your preferences and budget. While vinyl is cost-effective and low maintenance, fiber cement boasts exceptional durability and a realistic wood-like appearance. Keep an eye out for visible damage, mold growth, and other signs of wear, as these indicate that it’s time for a siding replacement. There’s no better time to revamp your home’s exterior and enjoy the benefits of new siding. (You might be interested for the cost of a new gutter.)