Recent Reviews from our Customers
A Leader in Asphalt Shingle Roofing in Franklin
You see asphalt shingle roofing on most houses because it’s the most common and affordable option here in Franklin. It’s a popular choice because there are a wide variety of style and color options within the asphalt roofing category. Our team of roofing experts in Franklin will show you all the options that fit your budget and desired look.
Force Roofing Systems is the Franklin roofing contractor committed to providing only the best when it comes to asphalt shingle roofing. We will walk you through the process step by step. You can be confident that our team will produce the highest quality work. You are going to love your new roof!
Call us today to schedule a free consultation. Learn more about our asphalt roof services and options.
Brands We Work With
Types of Asphalt Shingle Roofs We Install
There are three types of asphalt shingles to consider: three-tab asphalt shingles, architectural, and luxury asphalt shingles.
Three-tab Asphalt Shingles
Three-tab shingles are the most common type. You can recognize them by their unique cutouts which look like three separate pieces. You will love the affordability, easy maintenance, energy efficiency and lightweight material. This popular roofing style lasts up to 20 years.
Architectural Asphalt Shingles
If curb appeal is high on your priority list, architectural shingles are a great choice. They come in more colors than three-tab asphalt shingles, are laminated, and add a more defined, structural look to your roof. You can opt for reflective options that will offset high summer cooling costs. Architectural asphalt shingles last a little bit longer than three-tab and luxury shingles, about 25-30 years.
Luxury | Designer Asphalt Shingles
With a name like that, you can tell these shingles are the cream of the crop. They are designed to mimic the look of high-end cedar or slate roofing but at a fraction of the cost.
The Pros and Cons of Asphalt Shingle Roofing
When making your selection about the type of asphalt shingle roofing, there will be pros and cons. We have broken down the list for you:
Pros of Asphalt Shingles
- Affordability: With proper installation and maintenance, a quality roof doesn’t have to break the bank. We even offer financing options to make the cost easier on your wallet.
- Color Variety: These shingles come in a wide variety of colors ranging from neutrals to statement. Depending on how much you want to spend, you can even choose asphalt shingle roofing that mimics the look of wood or slate.
- Simple Installation: Asphalt shingle roof repair is simple and cost effective. New shingles can sometimes be installed on top of existing shingles in less than a day. With proper maintenance, your asphalt shingle roofing will last up to 20 years.
Cons of Asphalt Shingles
- Not Eco-Friendly: Asphalt shingles can’t be recycled or reused. Since they have the shortest lifespan of all roof types, they cause a lot of waste.
- Susceptible to Weather: Wide-ranging temperatures and extreme weather, like hail, tornadoes and wind, can cause cracks, loosening and warping of some asphalt shingle types.
Shingle Roof FAQs
What’s the cost of a new asphalt shingle roof in Franklin?
On average, we can install a new (40 square foot) asphalt shingle roof for $12,000.
What are the most popular types of shingle roofs in Franklin?
Around here, architectural asphalt shingles dominate the industry. The reason is simple – they are the most cost-effective for the average homeowner.
How many years will an asphalt shingle roof last?
Three-tab asphalt (the most economical type) and luxury shingle roofs will last about 20 years, but architectural shingles will last up to 25-30 years.